[mythtv-users] Problems with nuvexport and single episode shows

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Tue Mar 23 02:09:32 UTC 2010

On 03/22/10 21:47, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net> wrote:
>> But the real news is that I went back and touched my recording profiles
>> - did nothing more than walk through the menus.  Now when I dump the
>> database, those fields are no longer null.  What's more, I can use the
>> first command you gave me to ID the mpeg file, and it works.  I don't
>> need the "-demuxer lavf" flag.  In addition mplayer now has sound, and
>> the hate-mail is gone.  In essence, it's all fixed.
>
> Umm, the file should not be at all affected by what you did.  The file
> is not in the database.  I haven't got a clue what it would possibly
> help, but I'm glad things are working for you.
>
> Recording profiles are for NEW recordings, and should not affect ones
> that are already recorded.

I guess I wasn't clear.  After walking through the recording profile
setup, I recorded another show.  That show is the one that looked good,
and there has been one more show recorded after that is also good.

Stuff recorded under 0.21 is good.
Stuff recorded under 0.22 prior to setting up recording profiles is bad.
Stuff recorded under 0.22 after setting up recording profiles is good.

I suspect it has something to do with setting up the card prior to
starting the recording.  With the NULLs in the recording profile it
works, but under some sort of odd defaults.

Dale