[mythtv-users] Cannot Import DVD

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 22 22:40:40 UTC 2010

On Monday 22 March 2010 04:36:33 pm Andrew wrote:
> Yeah, I knew that was coming and would go OT.  ;)  Own and "own".  Sums up
> the old saying "you don't get what you pay for these days!".  Technically
> speaking; even in linux the MPAA would frown on my method of libdvdcss to
> watch it but leaves me no choice.

Yeah, the MPAA's position is that you should not even be allowed watch a paid-
for DVD on a Linux system, a ludicrous position, but the courts seem to back
them up.

Since in their eyes buying a DVD and watching it on a Linux system is the same
"crime" as downloading the program from the internet, what is it they are
effectively encouraging? :-)