[mythtv-users] Create DVD displays: Warning: frame rate does not match

dwoody1 dwoody1 at charter.net
Mon Mar 22 17:40:56 UTC 2010

I have Fedora12 with all the updates as well as all updates for Mythtv.
In the process of creating some DVDs a warning is displayed:

Warning: Frame Rate does not match

The frame rate of the recording is 59.94 and the program is expecting
29.97. The DVD that is created plays about 53 seconds of a 1 1/2 hour
movie and the audio is not in sync. Recordings that do not have this
warning are created correctly.

I found no references to this problem in searching the archive of this
mailing list. Searching the web I found the option (-ntsc-dvd) to use
with ffmpeg this produced a dvd where the video was very slow and the
audio was not in sync.

After reading the  man pages for transcode and ffmpeg I was not able to
determine what option, or set of options, to use to fix the problem.

Thanks,
David