[mythtv-users] 24fps Movies and new 120Hz LCD TV

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:17:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Andrew <mythtv at heathsworld.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, I will check out nvsettings...  So does the TV show
> 60hz until you start a 24p movie when it changes sync?  Or how does that
> work?  Or does it just run 24hz for the entire X session?
>
> Andrew

I think it's a little buggy right now.  It doesn't work as I'd expect it to
work.  When I first start the FE, the TV uses 60Hz.  When I watch 24Hz
material, the TV switches to 24Hz (the display refreshes and the display
menu pops up on the screen and says 24Hz).  When I stop playing the
material, Myth exits to the menu, but stays at 24 Hz.  I would think it
should go back to 60Hz.  I have some material that is neither 24 Hz or 60Hz
(Doctor Who episodes and others).  So when I play these files, the TV
doesn't have a 50Hz or 25 Hz setting so it leaves it at 24Hz.  This causes
some video funkiness.  I can fix it if I start a region 1 ISO of a DVD then
exit.  It updates the refresh rate to 60Hz and all is well again.  I think
there should be a setting for refresh rate of the GUI and a dynamic refresh
rate for material.

Jim