[mythtv-users] Nvidia 220 Driver System freeze

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:09:27 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Kevin Ross <kevin at familyross.net> wrote:

> Mitch Gore wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just upgraded my 8400 to 220.  After the card swap I get a hard freeze
>> after 5-10min of watching video with VDPAU.  I started with my 190 version
>> drivers and have sinced moved up to the very latest 195.
>> Using Mythbuntu. Sees to lock no matter what de-int I use.  anyone seen
>> this before?  any ideas?

I have seen an issue like this with my 9500GT.  It only happens when I'm
watching VDPAU MPEG2 recorded from my HDHR.  And it can happen 5 minutes in,
or 20 minutes into a recording.  There doesn't seem to be a set time when it
happens.  It doesn't matter what channel I'm watching (At one point I
thought it was only PBS, but it happened on NBC and ABC as well).  HDHR is
using QAM256 connected to Comcast.

It hasn't happened lately (past month or so).

Jim

Jim