[mythtv-users] Motherboards that support suspend to RAM (s2ram)

Ryan Rustong ryan.rustong at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:05:08 UTC 2010

> I didn't think there was a setting on this motherboard, but I was wrong.
> Set to S3 it now suspends to RAM.
>
> Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was just curious about the reliability
of suspending and resuming your frontend.  Are you able to suspend and
resume from the remote?  Do you have a script that runs to do the suspend
and then ensure things start cleanly again on resume?

I tried setting this up with minimyth awhile ago, but could not reliably
resume, sometimes it would come back without issue, but other times I would
have to power cycle the box.  I'm running a regular mythbuntu frontend now,
but have not figured out how to suspend/resume, so if you are aware of a
how-to or don't mind sharing your setup I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Ryan