[mythtv-users] Asterisk Extension for Frontend WOL?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Mar 22 11:15:45 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Gerrard" <mythtv at simpletcpip.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Asterisk Extension for Frontend WOL?

On 20 March 2010 01:28, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> Has anyone tried to wake up their myth front end(s) using an asterisk
>> extension, say in FreePBX, to do WOL?
>> The extension might be rang from a phone on the pbx including a WiFi or Cell
>> phone.

> and then in /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin add a file like this:

Thank you for your time Tom, I appreciate that.

I presume as your've exemplified this, the new file is to be called wakeup.php.  I'll check it out.

I've also, since posting, found out there are free WOL android market packages for multiple WOL commands, so for anyone else
considering this, that is yet another way to turn your PC's on!  (One I've used ok is called "Wake On Lan" by mafro)  Such
functionality might even be considered for mythmote, mythdroid and their ilk?