[mythtv-users] CPU Spikes with trunk?

Tom Gerrard mythtv at simpletcpip.com
Sun Mar 21 20:35:52 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I recently upgraded to trunk from 0.22-fixes, currently 23769, using
the JYA testing repo.  Everything worked great for a couple of weeks,
Graphite theme is particularly popular, until I came to reboot.

Now, probably once a minute I get a freeze, sometimes with
"WriteAudio: buffer underrun" and "NVP(0): prebuffering pause"
messages.  The freezes can last from < 1 second to > 5 seconds.

It doesn't happen in the same place in the video each time (seemingly
random) and I see a CPU usage spike each time from mythfrontend, but
mythfrontend -v playback doesn't show anything at the time (or indeed
mythfrontend -v all) other than the buffer messages.

Anyone seen this?  I've tried removing all custom filters, and tried
backrevving to the nvidia 190, 185 drivers with no difference other
than more artefacts (my DVB-S signal is not great).

Thanks,
Tom