[mythtv-users] Remote keys stop working

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sun Mar 21 13:39:27 UTC 2010

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 03/20/2010 11:05 AM, Mark wrote:
>> Newbury wrote:
>>> Change the batteries in the keyboard. Flakey keys are the first sign
>>> of low batteries in my experience.
>>> Geoff
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On 2010-03-19, at 23:27, Mark <fairlane at springcom.com> wrote:
>>>
>> New batteries, no change. I and M don't work. Everything else does.
>> Nobody modified anything on the frontend, they just quit working.
>
> OK. One potential error source deleted from the list.
>
> How about firing up xev from a console, and checking if the keyboard
> is actually sending anything.
>
> If not...well you can try taking the keyboard apart to clean it, or
> wash it in a shower, but it may just be suffering from a terminal case
> of alzheimers disease. (all puns are intended).
>
> Geoff

We figured it out.  An undocumented feature of the wireless keyboard we
have is a locking Function key.  The I and M keys are on the keypad
portion of the keyboard when in Fn locked mode.  It's weird because
there's no led indicator on the reciever that Fn is locked, like caps
and num lock.
Thanks for the suggestions though.