[mythtv-users] Comcast DTA direct channel change?

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sat Mar 20 14:35:43 UTC 2010

On 3/19/2010 9:47 PM, Ron Garrison wrote:
> I just received my quota of 2 DTA's from Comcast.  They are made by
> Thomson and are model number DCI1011COM.  This model has the option of
> hooking up an external IR receiver via an 1/8th inch jack in the back
> (and in fact an external receiver is provided with it).  The provided
> IR receiver has a stereo jack and not a mono jack.  Not sure what that
> means.
>
> So the question is - can I use something like IguanaIR with a direct
> cable hookup, completely bypassing actual IR?  Is there a blaster
> other than IguanaIR that also provides 1/8th inch outputs?
>
> Any thoughts or experience in this area?  Thanks.
>
> Ron

Yea! Yet another brand of DTA!

Ron, I created a new lirc config that, with the help of the list, I
confirmed works with both the Motorla DTAs I was handed and the
frequently used Pace DTAs.

Are you using lirc? Can you at least temporarily plug in an IR blaster
and tell me if my config works with that DTA?

The config is here:
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-January/278281.html