[mythtv-users] Comcast DTA direct channel change?

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 04:47:05 UTC 2010

I just received my quota of 2 DTA's from Comcast.  They are made by
Thomson and are model number DCI1011COM.  This model has the option of
hooking up an external IR receiver via an 1/8th inch jack in the back
(and in fact an external receiver is provided with it).  The provided
IR receiver has a stereo jack and not a mono jack.  Not sure what that
means.

So the question is - can I use something like IguanaIR with a direct
cable hookup, completely bypassing actual IR?  Is there a blaster
other than IguanaIR that also provides 1/8th inch outputs?

Any thoughts or experience in this area?  Thanks.

Ron