[mythtv-users] MythTV in the UK

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Mar 19 15:31:05 UTC 2010

Malcolm Parsons wrote:
> On 18 March 2010 18:15, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Currently using EIT but everyone seems to say that XMLTV (RadioTimes)
>> is the way to go...
>
> Having tried the RadioTimes data, I prefer EIT because it has
> programme ID and series ID information.

The Radio Times data certainly has program id available for most things that I
have recorded recently, not sure about episode id. I don't know if this is
channel-specific or not.

I did notice that this info has only been available within say the last 6-8
months or so. Perhaps there's been an improvement to the xmltv processing, I
don't follow that mailing list so I wouldn't know.

--

Mike Perkins