[mythtv-users] Problems with nuvexport and single episode shows

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 04:01:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net> wrote:
>  1. Faces of America With Henry Louis Gates Jr.:
>     Becoming American (Wed Feb 17 09:00 PM) 720x480 MPEG2 (4:3)
>     Stephen Colbert's Irish great-great-grandfather escapes poverty; Mario
>     Batali's great-grandfather struggles in Montana; Queen Noor or Jordan's
>     great-grandfather settles in New York.
>  2. Faces of America With Henry Louis Gates Jr.:
>     Know Thyself (Wed Mar  3 09:00 PM) 720x480 MPEG2 (4:3)
>     Exploring distant relatives and the shared ancestral connections of
>     Elizabeth Alexander, Meryl Streep, Mike Nicholas, Yo-Yo Ma and Eva
> Longoria
>     Parker.

> My apologies for the wrapping.  The key that I've identified as the
> problem are those error messages on the second export, "Use of
> uninitialized value in join or string at
> /usr/share/nuvexport/export/transcode.pm line 251, <STDIN> line 14."  If
> I tear this apart a little further, reading the source, I find the
> option flag section on the "transcode" command, "-e ,,".  If I look at
> the other export, the one that was recorded under 0.21, that same option
> flag is, "-e 48000,16,2".  It appears to me that the 3 error messages
> are an attempt to pick the audio information out of the episode
> structure, only for some reason it's not there.  Three pieces, three
> error messages, three missing numbers after the "-e" separated by 2 commas.

OK, this I can work with a bit.

First, please do (for both recordings):

mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 0 -identify recording.mpg | grep ^ID_

(of course, put in the recording's filenames instead of recording.mpg)

Secondly, what version of nuvexport?
nuvexport --version

I think this may be related to something I fixed in SVN a couple weeks back.

Thanks
Gavin