[mythtv-users] 0.22fixes: mkv subtitles in internal player not working?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:35:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> in

> work.

> >> Maybe its the naming issue bug. There can be one and one only . in the
> >> subtitle filename, and thats immediately before the mkv extension. so:
> >>
> >> the.shining.srt will NOT work
> >>
> >> the_shining.srt WILL work.
> >>
> >> Of course you may then need to rename the .mkv file to match.
> >
> > hrmm, no extra periods, but what about the following:
> > ( ) :
> > ?

PGS support (bluray subtitles) was checked into trunk less than a day ago,
see http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6748 .

For text-based subtitles like .srt files, you will not see any OSD menu
entries for controlling their display.  You can press 't' to toggle them on
and off, or you can globally enable captions/subtitles in the OSD settings,
or you can apply the patch in http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8153 to put
control in the OSD menu.

Jim