[mythtv-users] Does anyone have a HVR-2250 working?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:38:33 UTC 2010

On 17 March 2010 04:06, Keith Pyle <kpyle at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> I have a HVR-2250 installed with gentoo Linux on a 2.6.32.8 kernel.  I can
> scan, tune, and capture with either ATSC tuner using gnutv.
>
> lspci -v shows:
> 01:00.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors Device 7164 (rev 81)
>       Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. Device 8851
>
> I attempted to add the tuners to myth 0.22 p23069 and found that mythtv
> consistently hangs after selecting the "new capture card" option in
> mythtv-setup.  I have filed ticket 8092 last month, which contains more
> details and shows mythtv hanging on an ioctl call.  As yet, the ticket has
> no updates (not complaining, just a statement).
>
> My question to this list: Does anyone have a HVR-2250 functioning with
> mythtv?  If so, what kernel and mythtv versions are you using?  What does
> lspci -v show for your card?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Keith

Keith

I have a HVR 2200 (Euro version of 2250) working.

Device is 8980

Kernel Driver in use is SAA7164
Kernel Modules SAA7164

I assume you've loaded the firmware?

I blacklist then force load the Kernel Modules to make sure they load
in the right order, may be worth trying.

Running Fed11 with 2.6.30.xx