[mythtv-users] Purging EIT data

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 08:46:48 UTC 2010

On 17 March 2010 05:24, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to have mixed some EIT data in with my xmltv data.  I am pretty
> sure I have now disabled EIT, having done two things:
> 1) In mythtv-setup > capture cards, I unchecked the option for EIT in
> the 'Recording Options' page.  I did this for both of my DVB-T cards.
> 2) In mythweb, I went to settings > TV > channels and uncheck the 'use
> on air EIT' for every channel I have listed, which lists only unique
> channels, no duplicates.

Disabling EIT collection on the video source (turning off Use
Transmitted Guide) should be enough to stop EIT data collection, even
if it is enabled on channels on that video source (the 'useonairguide'
flag).

> I am still seeing some old EIT data though.  Is it possible to purge
> this data or is it best just to let it expire itself?  I have been
> getting multiple recordings of the same show sporadically, which has
> been a little annoying.

I would sort it out now to prevent more errant recordings, but it's
your call. Many EIT services provide listings for a week, so it really
depends how many more days of EIT listings you have, and whether you
can wait for them to be purged automatically.

To remove all current program data (XMLTV and EIT) and the EIT cache:

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'TRUNCATE TABLE program;'
mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'TRUNCATE TABLE eit_cache;'

(This assumes a mysql user of 'mythtv' and a database called
'mythconverg'. Change these values if appropriate for your
installation. Also, a nod to Mike Dean who posted the first one-liner
in a thread yesterday.)

Then, run the XMLTV grabber again to populate the database with new
program data. If you have MythTV do this automatically,
mythfilldatabase will call the scheduler for you. To force a
reschedule at any time, you can call:

$ mythbackend --resched

Cheers,
Nick