[mythtv-users] Nuvexport Removal in Apt-Get Dist-Upgrade...

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 00:15:01 UTC 2010

All:

I'm likely a day late and a dollar short on this, but I did try to search
the archives and couldn't find anything specifically on this.

It's been a little while since I've upgraded my Myth System (i've got the
Myth Testing PPA (fixes, not trunk) setup for my system.)

When I go to apt-get dist-upgrade (to get ahold of all the back packages) I
see that we have a new libmyth-perl and that nuvexport will end up getting
removed in the process of upgrading to the most recent myth.

I currently have the following mythtv installed as reported by dpkg --list
mythtv:

0.22.0+fixes23710-0ubun

The question, then, is when I upgrade to the newest Myth and the newest
myth-perl, it will remove nuvexport.  Is this currently part of another
package so it will get re-installed?  Am I going to lose nuvexport
permanently?  Is there a PPA I can add to obtain a more recent version that
will work with the newest Libmyth-perl?

--Doug

p.s. If i've missed something silly, I apologize profusely for the message,
just point me in the right direction and I'll quit wasting everyone's time.
I did get ahold of a few "bug" reports on this, but they were back in
January...and i've upgraded since then.