[mythtv-users] another nvidia patch for g210/gt220/gt240 & > alsa

Greg Zornetzer gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 04:46:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Daniel Born <born_daniel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Hi all,
> > Just as I was going to try to upgrade my box to allow audio through
> > HDMI, the xbmc wiki is down :P
> > However, I noticed that the alsa mailing list has recently received some
> > traffic regarding this issue.  It looks like support may get into the
> > main alsa tree soon.  Take a look at
> >
> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2010-March/025791.html
> > and the other mails in the thread.  It's currently unclear to me how
> > different this patch is from the existing patch on the xbmc forums, or
> > if it will require the enable-msi and other module options.  Please note
> > that the email that I linked won't work for the gt220, there's another
> > patch in the thread that enables proper detection of this card.  I'm
> > going to give this a shot.  Has anyone else messed with this?
> > Thanks,
> > -Greg
>
> Hi Greg, I followed the instructions found in the XBMC wiki for my GT-220
> card, and it worked just fine on the first try. I hope it doesn't get
> "broken" once the official patch comes out!
>
> Daniel
>

> Hi Daniel,
Well, the XBMC wiki seems to have been updated with to point to the new
Takashi Iwai's development alsa code now.  I just installed the patch on my
machine and it seems to work pretty well.  Still trying to get direct ac3 to
work, though.   Also, I see 2 hdmi devices from the card: hw:1,3 and
hw:1,7.  I'm still messing around with the setup, though.
-Greg