[mythtv-users] Error in italian translation

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon Mar 15 20:46:14 UTC 2010

2010/3/15 federico.ferri at yahoo.it <federico.ferri at yahoo.it>:
> Thank you, i will do.
> I don't know if i will be in time for the 0.23, but i will do...

Actually, several Italian translation patches have been included in
MythTV within the last week, you might want to get in contact with
this guy, so you can coordinate your efforts on the Italian
translation:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7851
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7998
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8163
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8183

> There are some english words tha can be translate, but they are tecnical....
> I work in IT and some translation would make me smiling.... but what about
> not technical people?..should i translate them or not?
>
> for example "Input Card" or "Download"...

Well, when we did the major update of the danish translation, we tried
to follow the MythTV motto: "MythTV - By developers for developers".
In other words; If we had a technical word, which we believed would
give more meaning in english, we didn't translate the word into
danish.

> 2) Should i mark the translation as "finished" or the sould be approval by
> someone else?

There's no formal approvel process in MythTV, at least not at the
moment :) If you team up with more people, you can use this feature
internally between your team members.

> Maybe i can contanct some italian people from some htpc forum...but they
> should compile mythtv, i suppouse, to check the translations...

No, they don't have to. They should have (access to) a MythTV trunk
installation, which can be setup fairly easy with a clean installation
of MythBuntu + enabled weekly autobuilds. Then you just run the
lrelease command against your new *.ts file, which generates a new
*.qm file. This *.qm file should be copied into the MythTV
installation and that's it :)

Best Regards
Kenni
http://www.mythtv.dk - Danish MythTV community and home of the Danish