[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Mac OS X Monitor Aspect Ratio

Rob S rob at zerogeek.net
Mon Mar 15 01:48:32 UTC 2010

I'm seeing the same thing and it's annoying the heck out of me since I
upgraded back in october or whenever it was.  I have the exact same setup
and for the life of me I can't get pretty much any video to display at the
correct ratio.  4:3 video is stretched without any borders and HD video that
is broadcast in 16:9 has a really annoying border along the bottom that
makes it waaay stretched.  Going through the stretch options (the W key)
doesn't help much and the only video that looks right is 16:9 video that's
broadcast in 4:3 on direcTV (by using the vertical stretch option).

To me this looks like a legitimate bug - I should be able to select the
aspect ratio of the playback regardless of the resolution of the output
video.  For what it's worth, the video ratio is correct on my linux
backend/frontend connected to a similar TV through VGA.

I suspect that you're seeing the option on your MBP on the cinema display
because the ratio is 16:10 there.

-rob