[mythtv-users] questions on scte65scan and mySQL

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 13 19:54:43 UTC 2010

On 03/13/2010 02:36 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
> So I've done my scanning and I'm getting ready to plug this .SQL
> output into my myth database, but before I do, I still have some
> questions about what's about to happen..
>
> First, a little info:
> I have 3 cards in my system. a PVR-350, pcHDTV-3000 and pcHDTV-5500
>
> When scanning, I'm setting source-id to 2.
>
> I'm not absolutely sure, but I think that I have my PVR-350 set up as
> tuner1 and
> my PCHDTV-5500 set up as Tuner 3,4 with the pcHDTV-3000 set up at
> tuner 4,5.
>
> Is that what the sourceID is for?

Source ID is the Video Source ID (where you defined one or more Video
Sources in mythtv-setup--with those cards, you would actually need at
least 2 video sources), and is a 1-based index.  But, if you don't do a
"Delete all video sources" (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 ) when
deleting video sources, the ID's will be non-contiguous.  You'll likely
have to look at the DB to find the right one.

Mike