[mythtv-users] Recording Started But Missing

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 19:24:53 UTC 2010

I apologize in advance if I'm missing something obvious, but I'm kind
of in a bind here.  I have a MythTV system that has been working fine.
 I'm currently running version 0.22 packages from ATrpms, and the
latest version says "svn fixes (23323).".  I have a HDHR as my primary
recorder, plus a pcHD3000 tuner card.  I also have a HD-PVR and a
PVR-150, which really shouldn't be coming into play with what I am
experiencing.  Today I scheduled several recordings (overlapping) to
try to catch many of the College Basketball games that are on.  All of
these recordings "should" be going on the HDHR and pcHD3000.
Unfortunately the one time I really just need this system to "just
work" I am having problems.

Some of the recording I've scheduled have already started.  When I go
into one of my front-end systems the recordings show in the "Watch
Recordings" list, but when I try to select one I get a message saying
"Recording Unavailable.... This recording is not yet available".  When
I run the front-end from a command prompt and look back at the
Terminal screen after I get this message I see an error message saying
"<file name> should be local, but it cannot be found".  When I look at
the mythbackend.log as far as I can tell everything looks OK when the
recording starts... I'm seeing messages like "Started recording:
College Basketball "SEC Tournament, First Semifinal: Teams TBA":
channel 9750 on cardid 13, sourceid 9" with no errors immediately
following.  The lights on the front of the HDHR are showing like the
device is recording on both tuners.

After several reboots of the back-end and HDHR, plus deleting and
re-adding the HDHR tuners from MythTV I finally got one recording to
start (I think on the HDHR).  However, I should now have at least
three recording currently going.  I'm totally stumped.  If I was
getting some error messages on the back-end I would at least have
something to go after.  I kind of afraid to blindly troubleshoot for
fear of making things worse, both with the one recording I have going
and with for future regular recordings.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.  I
still have about six more games left to (hopefully) record.

Thanks in advance.
John