[mythtv-users] Volume normalization

Justin Garrison rothgar at 1n73r.net
Sat Mar 13 17:57:08 UTC 2010

On 3/13/10 10:38 , Joachim Langenbach wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> is there a way to normalize audio of Videos, Music, DVD's and TV?
>
> I think it would be a greate feature. Espacially because of the
> and the difference between speech and shooting or other action scenes
> continuous adjusting of volume is needed.
>
> Did someone know how to set it up in mythtv or how do you think this
feature
> should be implemented?
>
> Joachim
>

>There's been discussions on this in the past (check the archives) but
>the biggest issue (esp with ads) is that the *actual* sound volume stays
>the same, and only the perceived volume goes up, so there's really very
>little that can be done to counter that...

>(For all the sound-tecnhnicality die-hards: I know, this is very
>simplified, but I think it still covers the essence)

How about at least volume normalization between tuners? My HD-PVR is a lot
louder than my HDHR. On my TV (volume levels from 0-60) the HD-PVR
recordings I can hear just fine around 10-20 volume but the HDHR I have to
turn up to 40-50 just to make out what people are saying.
It gets really annoying when watching TV and I switch channels between
something on the HDHR and then something on the HD-PVR.
I know some tuners in the backend setup have a volume adjustment setting but
I don't think either of these tuners have that option.

--
Justin Garrison
1n73r.net