[mythtv-users] Re-scanning for channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 13 17:06:19 UTC 2010

On 03/13/2010 11:03 AM, David Smiley wrote:
> Hello everyone.  I apologize for asking a question that undoubtedly has been asked before or is in the docs somewhere but I don't know where.
>
> Comast totally redid their channel lineup for me here in Lowell MA.  Sadly, I know i'm in for a lot of work mapping channels by hand because that is what I had to do last time.  How should I begin?  Simply delete the video sources and capture cards and *totally* start over or is there another approach that keeps the capture cards or... I don't know.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Best bet is Delete all video sources (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 ).
Also, since you're using Comcast, chances are you should look into
scte65scan ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan ),
which will likely making rescanning/channel identification trivial.

Mike