[mythtv-users] OT: Formula 1 season starts this sunday.

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 12 16:03:37 UTC 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 08:51:57 am ryan patterson wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Aaron <aaron at rb303.net> wrote:
> > So what's the problem here? No one has broken the rule set either
> > which is posted here:
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette
> >
> > It was posted as OT, if you don't want to read OT set your mail client
> > to delete OT posts... is it really really that hard?
> >
> > This IS a community where people discuss things, if you want only
> > technical go to the DEV mailing list...
>
> I don't only want technical.  I only want MythTV.
>
> In the list etiquette page you linked to it clearly states "Stay on
> point / Stay on Topic" multiple times.  Formula 1 has NOTHING to do
> with MythTV.  I happen to be a big Formula 1 fan.  I will gladly
> discuss Formula 1 for hours on end.  But mythtv-users is not the
> correct venue for that discussion.

The list is for topics of interest to MythTV users. The problem of programs
that tend to go over the scheduled time slot is one that most if not all Myth
users have encountered, so I'd think it's on topic.

If the subject line had been "dealing with overtime program recording" perhaps
it would not have drawn as much criticism. Of course that's a topic that's
been discussed at length.

It is a USA-based list, and US viewers generally pay attention to F1 only on
Memorial Day, and see it mainly as something different from NASCAR for a
change. :-)