[mythtv-users] Where to sell old HTPC's?

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 19:30:32 UTC 2010

In article <335aba8f1003102255s5f4eaa33r3cdc2935a24d003c at mail.gmail.com>,
Justin Garrison wrote:
> I now have 2 old MythTV boxes that work perfectly but I no longer need. Can
> anyone suggest where would be a good place to sell these old machines?

In most (but not all) cases, you get more by breaking computers into their
components than by selling as a whole. There is always someone who's had a
PSU/mobo/whatever die, or who wants a faster (even if obsolete) processor.
Yes, it's more work, with even with SFF stuff it is the best approach IMO.

I see complete machines fail to sell on ebay for £30 when I can sell the
individual parts for £75. I know people who do "buy to break" but it's not a
great return on your time IMO.

Ian