[mythtv-users] IEEE-1394 Woes

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Mar 11 18:31:04 UTC 2010

Gabe Rubin wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> I'm having an issue getting a DCT-6200 hooked up to one of my frontends. I'm
>> using the ATRpms updated IEEE-1394 packages. I have posted on the atrpms-users
>> list but haven't received a response.
>>
> Is it possible for you to get another STB?  Sometimes, one just
> doesn't work, and you may want to make sure that it is not an STB
> problem.  Incidentally, I recently swapped out my DCT-6200 flavor box
> for a Pace box (unsure of the model number) and since then, my
> firewire has been flawless using Axel's drivers and kmdls.

I suppose that's a shot. I had it hooked up to another host where it seemed to
be working although I was getting lockups I attributed to that host. This host
doesn't even get that far.

Is there any configuration I am missing with Axel's drivers? The blacklist for
the default kernel drivers are still present in
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-firewire. Is that enough to keep out the original
drivers?