[mythtv-users] Can't read edid all of the sudden

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Mar 11 02:30:32 UTC 2010

George Mari wrote:

> I thought most PCI Express graphics cards were 16x - maybe the fact
> that it's only being detected as 8x indicates a problem with the card?
>
> Or maybe it's just a limitation of your motherboard.

That's a motherboard limitation.  It has 2 x16 slots; when both are in
use they degrade to x6.

I've had a bad run of video cards; I believe the one in there is an EVGA
card, and I've had 2 fail, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's flaky.
But for now I can watch movies, if a bit low-res.

I sort-of doubt it's the TV; it shows 720p OTA programming just fine.
I'm hoping it's the card....

--

   o__