[mythtv-users] mythstream workaround?

Eric ericgies at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Mar 10 22:21:06 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 March 2010 02:41:25 James Miller wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 March 2010 Eric wrote:
> > Streamsniff might help (compilation required). Available on the
> > mythstream page: http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~moongies/streamtuned.html
>
> Thanks for the further responses. I gather from what's being said in this
> reply and the other that recommended using wireshark that deliberate
> attempts are being made to obscure the URL/URI/MRL, correct? I realize
> that might be a daft question, but I don't have much experience with
> capturing internet TV broadcasts so I sometimes need to ask the obvious.

When streaming from websites, there is often quite some client and server handshaking
between a mouse click on "play" and the moment the content actually starts playing. That
complexity is a direct and unintended consequence of the platform and tools used by the
stream provider.

So tools like wireshark and streamsniff help these sites to become more accessible.

Really.