[mythtv-users] Not getting GT220 Max Resolution

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Mar 10 16:50:05 UTC 2010

On 03/10/2010 05:53 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> http://www.avenard.org/media/Patches_%26_Add-Ons/Entries/2008/9/5_xorg.conf_and_specific_refresh_rates.html
>>

>> I own a 37" LG and it reports that it is a 1920x1200 lcd when it is
>> not. It is 1360x756.
>>

> That's interesting, I've got the 37" LG as well, using HDMI and it's
> reporting 1920x1080 on my Revo 1600 via the nVidia Tool.
>
> Doug

There are different versions of the same size box. Obviously, they use a
different LCD!

If you go search, there is very little differentiation between the
models. Even if you know exactly what the model is you won't find the
spec limits in the user manual.

The user manual (pdf) which I got covers:

37LB5D 42LB5D 47LB5D 52LB5D

32LB4d 37LB4D 42LB4D

I *think* that the 4D versions are the 1366x768 and the 5D are
1920x1080. There is NO explanation of any differences except as to
physical dimensions and weight. NONE.

 From my own experience, I suspect that LG has used the exact same edid
code throughout all of these models. Until I forced xorg.conf to ignore
the edid, and to use the patched edid.bin, Xorg.0.log reported 1920x1080
and I got ridiculously tiny fonts on login and on console screens.
(Mythtv was fine and I ran it that way for easily 2 months, but I could
only debug or change things using an ssh connection.)

Geoff