[mythtv-users] Not getting GT220 Max Resolution

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 03:41:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Donald J. Organ IV
<dorgan at donaldorgan.com> wrote:
>> Often TV do not report the proper EDID..
>
>> I wrote an entry on how to manually set your video cards; it should
>> work with your LG
>
>> http://www.avenard.org/media/Patches_%26_Add-Ons/Entries/2008/9/5_xorg.conf_and_specific_refresh_rates.html
>

> Excellent I will try setting this up later, thanks!

The manual for your TV certainly does say it should operate at 1920x1080

http://static.tigerdirect.com/pdf/LG-32LB9D-Manual.pdf

I haven't read it thoroughly but it does seem to suggest that it has a
PC mode and a TV mode, and that the different modes support different
refresh rates (page 31)

By the way there is an interesting article on 1366x768 here:

http://hd1080i.blogspot.com/2006/12/1080i-on-1366x768-resolution-problems.html