[mythtv-users] MythVideo deleted everyting in videometadata

Krzysztof Adamski k at adamski.org
Tue Mar 9 04:42:26 UTC 2010

On the weekend I finally had time to upgrade to 0.22 (Debian Lenny,
debian-multimedia.org).

Everything went mostly fine.

Today I added a movie to the video folders and run the 'Scan for
changes' from withing mythvideo. Progress bar went from 0 to 100 in
about 5 seconds, then I got videos, and all data in videometadata table
is gone. I did some googling and this result is when mythvideo can not
find video files on the local machine. But in my case the files are on
the local machine, even the output that showed up in the terminal:

2010-03-08 23:24:45.551 MythVideo::ScanVideoDirectory Scanning
(/file-store/mythvideo/video)
2010-03-08 23:24:48.561 buildFileList directory
= /file-store/mythvideo/video
2010-03-08 23:24:48.561 MythVideo::ScanVideoDirectory Scanning
(/file-store/mythvideo/video)

shows the directory /file-store/mythvideo/video which is full of files.
This directory is NFS mounted to a second FE.
Now if I do the some thing from the FE that has the files locally, the
scan finds the file. Both machines have the file at the exact same path.
Why the different behaviour depending on which FE I do the scan?

I tried to restore the meta data from the backup that was created during
the upgrade to 0.22, but even tho I populated the videometadata table, I
still was not seeing videos in mythvideo, what else needs to be changed
in the database?