[mythtv-users] Mythweb mythweather has stars during the day and sun

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Tue Mar 9 03:24:58 UTC 2010

Hi!

James Klaas wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com> wrote:
 >
>>>On the mythweather page of my mythweb backend, it shows stars during the
>>>daylight hours for a clear day and the sun at night.  At first I thought
>>>it might be something to do with UTC vs EST/EDT (where I am) but it
>>>doesn't make sense for that either.
>>
>>Which source are you using? The BBC, Environment Canada, or the US National
>>Weather Service?

<snip>

> # Current Conditions
>
>     * Location: Ann Arbor Municipal Airport, MI
>     * Source: NWS-XML

I assume your problem is with the current conditions, right?

> National weather it appears.

Yep...

Since you had mentionned UTC/GMT I thought your source might have been the BBC but it
is indeed the US National Weather Service (NWS for short).

I don't know if the info will be OK tomorrow but tonight I am getting small stars (ie
the right info) for the Ann Arbor Municipal Airport.

Try to find where the US NWS scripts are on your pc and run nwsxml.pl like so

./nwsxml.pl -u ENG KARB

Do you get the right info in the weather and weather_icon? The little stars are
usually associated with Fair and fair.jpg.

If I run it here (right now) I get:

cclocation::Ann Arbor Municipal Airport, MI
station_id::KARB
latitude::42.22
longitude::-83.75
observation_time::Last Updated on Mar 8 2010, 9:53 pm EST
observation_time_rfc822::Mon,  8 Mar 2010 21:53:00 -0500
weather::Fair
temperature_string::30.0 F (-1.1 C)
temp::30.0
relative_humidity::85
wind_string::Southwest at 3.5 MPH (3 KT)
wind_dir::Southwest
wind_degrees::240
wind_speed::3.5
wind_gust::NA
pressure_string::1017.0 mb
pressure::30.01
dewpoint_string::26.1 F (-3.3 C)
dewpoint::26.1
heat_index_string::NA
heat_index::NA
windchill_string::NA
windchill::NA
visibility::10.00
weather_icon::fair.png
appt::NA
wind_spdgst::3.5 (NA) mph
copyright::NOAA's National Weather Service

Which is essentially what I/you should get if you go to this URL:

http://www.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/KARB.xml

Let me know what happens...

Have a nice day!

Nick