[mythtv-users] Analog channel scan bug?

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Mar 8 18:21:32 UTC 2010

Dan Armbrust wrote:
>> As mentioned, since you live in the US, you should not be scanning analog
>> source anyway.  Just pull your lineup from your SchedulesDirect account.
>>

> I don't get it.  Even if I had a schedules direct account... I don't
> see why I wouldn't want to scan.  If I had the account, I would still
> have to manually match up the channel info that they provide with
> which channels I can actually tune in my house - right?

No, the way it works is you get an account,you then go to the SD web
site..You check or uncheck the channels
that you want. After set up you run mythfilldatabase it will populate
the epg..All the info will be in the guide and osd..It's pretty painless..
> The way that I would (perhaps naively) expect it to work is that I
> would do a scan to see what is tunable, and then take that data to
> schedules direct to get the details for the channels.

SD will prompt you for your zip code,it knows what your channel line up
is from that..
They have a 7 day trial,check it out I am sure you will see the value in
signing up..