[mythtv-users] Analog channel scan bug?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:30:53 UTC 2010

> As mentioned, since you live in the US, you should not be scanning analog
> source anyway.  Just pull your lineup from your SchedulesDirect account.

I don't get it.  Even if I had a schedules direct account... I don't
see why I wouldn't want to scan.  If I had the account, I would still
have to manually match up the channel info that they provide with
which channels I can actually tune in my house - right?

The way that I would (perhaps naively) expect it to work is that I
would do a scan to see what is tunable, and then take that data to
schedules direct to get the details for the channels.

But I guess it doesn't work like that?

Dan