[mythtv-users] Academy Awards audio sync issues

Justin Garrison rothgar at 1n73r.net
Mon Mar 8 03:09:15 UTC 2010

I am currently watching the 82nd Academy Awards (it is still
recording) but I am not doing any comm flagging or any other
recordings at the moment. The problem I am having is the award
announcements are fine but as soon as they go to any cut scene showing
a movie that in nominated the audio sync goes way off and the video
keeps speeding up and slowing down trying to keep up with the video. I
am recording from a HDHR and have this problem other times but right
now it is most obvious. The issue does not happen when streaming the
recording to my PS3 or when playing locally on the system with XBMC.
What can I do to start troubleshooting this issue? It is driving me
(and especially my wife) crazy.
Any troubleshooting steps or information you need I am willing to try.
I also may export some of the recording when this is all done if
someone needs to look at the file and can maybe tell why this is
happening.

--
Justin Garrison
1n73r.net