[mythtv-users] Common BE, separate FE's seeing just their own recordings (by default)

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 01:50:34 UTC 2010

Hello,

I was wondering whether it's possible to keep recordings of each FE
"separate" in a split config / multiple FE's scenario. I'd prefer if
both could see everything on request, but when entering Watch
Recordings, they'd see just their own recordings by default (i.e.
recording from rules created by them). With MythTV being network
oriented and intended for several FE's, such a separation is probably
taken care of already. With this in place, I'll also need some
recordings to be seen by all FE's - that might be more intricate.

Anyway, there are Playback, Recording and Storage groups (and although
they're designed for a different purpose primarily), this should be just
a matter of selecting a default group per FE and taking it into account
on rule creation and upon entering Watch Recordings.

Currently, I have just one FE+BE machine so I cannot research this
requirement properly.

Thank you,

--
David Kubicek