[mythtv-users] What are the advantages of using avenard repos?

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 01:34:15 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM, scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
>>> There's a few additional patches applied to the 0.22-fixes branch, and
>>> it offers easy integration with the latest nVidia drivers.
>>>
>>> - Chris
>>>

>> Do the latests Nvidia drivers buy you anything that's not in Mythbuntu .22

Last time I installed the avenard repos I messed up one of my front
ends.  When I did an update or something I was seeing the errors
listed on his web page.  Not a big deal cause a mythbuntu reload from
stick only takes me about 10 minutes, then another 15 for all the
updates etc...

The reason I did the update was to see/use the overscan options.  I
think there was another file that needed to be updated to see the
slide bar... nvidia-settings?

Any way the slider bar didn't work for me.  The bar was already at the
lowest point(far left) so I couldn't reduce over scan.