[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR350 with Fedora 12

stan stanlist at cox.net
Sat Mar 6 16:10:38 UTC 2010

I used to have this working on earlier versions of Fedora per Wilson's howTo
with the X server and mythtv output all going to the PVR350 s-video port.
But, now that the PVR350 driver is in the kernel, things have changed and
I'm not sure how to get it working.

The driver is basically working because I can do

	cat test.mpg > /dev/video16

and see the movie on the TV.

I don't understand the difference between ivtv and ivtvfb.  A

	cat /proc/fb

returns

	0  nouveaufb

for my old nVidia display card, but no mention of an ivtv frame buffer.

I did a modprobe ivtvfb, and that resulted in

	0  nouveaufb
	1  ivtvfb

Do I need ivtvfb? How does it relate to ivtv? How do I make it load across
boots in Fedora 12?

Thanks,
--stan