[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu Setup and Connecting to an LG TV

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 21:57:07 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Kevin Ross <kevin at familyross.net> wrote:
-snip-

> On my LG TV (model 42LG50), to auto config when connected via the VGA
> connector, you go to the picture menu, then there is a screen submenu, where
> you can auto-config.
>
> I have since changed to using a DVI->HDMI converter cable.  Also, on my TV
> at least, it won't accept a 24Hz signal on the VGA connector (for watching
> Blu-Rays at their native 24 fps), only on component or HDMI, which may or
> may not be important to you.
>
> -- Kevin

Ok, I will look in the picture menu and see if there is some way to
auto-config the VGA. Other wise both you and Ken suggested getting a
DVI to HDMI converter cable. Where can I get those? Is it something I
could find at like a Walmart or Target, or would I need to go to a
more specialized store?

That might be the ticket as the video card does have DVI and the TV
has a total of 4 HDMI connectors.

Thanks,
Brian