[mythtv-users] Playstation 3 remote config: /etc/bluetooth/input.conf ignored?

Jason Chambers +lists.mythtv at purplish-monkey.com
Fri Mar 5 17:53:46 UTC 2010

On 05/03/2010 16:46, Scott Alfter wrote:
> I've been trying to follow the directions here:
>
> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_Setup_PS3_BD_Remote
>
> (referred from http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sony_PS3_BD_Remote)
>
> The connection instructions don't appear to work, but I can get blueman-manager
> to detect the remote, trust it, and connect to the input service.  The D-pad,
> number keys, and a few others work, but xev shows no activity on several keys
> (such as the four colored keys).  The XBMC wiki includes a keymap that appears
> to map the colored keys to F7 through F10, so if it's working right, you'd
> think that pressing "red" would turn up in xev as an F7 keypress (for
> instance).  It still doesn't.

Did you apply this patch?

   http://kitlaan.twinaxis.com/holdingcell/bluez_ps3remote.diff

This is referenced on lines 3 & 7 of the first block of commands in
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_Setup_PS3_BD_Remote.

This patch is what adds the ability to parse a "[PS3 Remote Map]"
section in the bluetooth.conf.  If you don't apply the patch then you
get the default key mappings (see input/fakehid.c in the bluez code)
where most buttons don't map to keys available on a normal keyboard.

Regards,
Jason