[mythtv-users] How to play video files from a DVD data disc

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Mar 5 14:40:09 UTC 2010

Hi,
The question is probably more about minimyth or Linux than MythTv,
but I bet a lot of people here know the answer. I've archived
some mp4 files to a DVD. Myth can play them via MythVideo if
I copy them to my server, but I'd like to play them directly
from the DVD. I'm aware that I configure MythVideo to search
several directories, so I should be able to change the current
"/mnt/video" to "/mnt/video:/media/dvd" or something like that,
but what's the best way to arrange for the dvd to be mounted,
or is there some sort of magic pathname that would do the job?
I imagine I could ssh in and issue a mount command, but that's
too awkward to do every time. I'm looking for a solution that
works well with minimyth. I've asked on the minimyth forum,
but not managed to get a reply as yet.

Cheers,
	Paul.