[mythtv-users] TeVii S460 vs. S464

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 01:30:10 UTC 2010

On 03/05/2010 12:17 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:10 AM, David Kubicek<foceni at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> My question was strictly about the new TeVii. I'm not looking for any
>> alternatives, but thank you anyway.
>
> How about asking the linuxtv mailing list, I don't think Cecil was
> suggesting you try another card, just giving you places to look to see
> if the card is supported.

Good idea, I'll check it out as soon as I get a reply from Liplianin or
v4l-dvb. They should know best. Anyway, I think I'll just go ahead and
buy one those new cards. If the driver doesn't work, I'll try to fix it
and if I don't succeed or it's too much work, I'll just get the good old
S460.

The new S464 apparently has an excellent new demodulator, M88DS3000, I
think it warrants some extra work in itself. I'll make sure to let
mythtv-users know. People should know about new options, I'm tired of
the same uber-old HW. Some of the best supported cards are long out of
production.

--
David Kubicek