[mythtv-users] Best cx24116 firmware to put into Mythbuntu?

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Mar 4 15:31:17 UTC 2010

On 3 Mar 2010, at 18:56, Chase Douglas wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:
>> On 3 Mar 2010, at 18:20, Chase Douglas wrote:
>>> I will work on providing 1.22.82 in karmic, though I'm not sure what
>>> should be provided for jaunty. If no one suggests anything different,
>>> I'll probably look at putting in 1.20.79 just to be safe.
>>
>> If I recall correctly there were some issues with some very high symbol rate DVBS2 transponders and 1.20.79 I don't receive any satellites with transponder rates above 29.5Msym/s so can't confirm that here. I bypassed Jaunty so can't comment on that but I think most people just use 1.20.79
>
> It looks like someone has tested out 1.20.79 and 1.22.82 in jaunty,
> and both worked fine (even up to 1.23.86.1, but I don't want to push
> things too far!). I'll see about getting 1.22.82 in jaunty.

I got 10.04 running, caught out by the CD writing gotcha and a grub failure but all running now.

1.23.86.1 was in a loading firmware loop until I updated all packages and rebooted, I didn't see a kernel update so may have been a MythTV issue. After the update working fine with DVBS & DVBS2 on a HVR-4000 so looks like the v4l drivers are fairly recent, 1.22.82 and 1.20.79 work fine too.

I can't get any DVBT with any firmware, I suspect v4l drivers are pre full support for the dual input hvr-4000, works fine with DVBS(2) which is effectively a HD-S2, pretty much the most popular MythTV DVBS2 card.

Hope that helps.

Andre