[mythtv-users] could not connect to master backend server

Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Mar 4 04:13:39 UTC 2010

Check that the IP address for the backend is correct in mythtv-setup,
general, first page. If your box is a BE/FE then both IP's should be
the same.
Make sure that your hostname is set in /etc/hosts. If using 127.0.0.1
you need localhost in hosts. Restart the network.
This error is almost always either a typo, or a network setup problem.
Then try mythtv-setup again. Note that the backend should NOT be
running while doing setup, so this may not be an actual error unless
you got it while trying to start the frontend.
Geoff

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-03-03, at 22:40, sharifah ummu kulthum <kulthum91 at gmail.com>