[mythtv-users] Resolving conflicts across sources

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Mar 3 12:09:18 UTC 2010

My MythTV system has both a DVB-S card and an analogue capture card
connected to a Sky decoder.  Some channels are available on only one or
the other source, but some are available on both.  DVB-S is my preferred
source.

The DVB-S programme listings are populated from the EIT and the listings
for the Sky-only channels are populated from the Radio Times XMLTV
listings.  "Cross source EIT" is ticked on the DVB-S source.

If there are two concurrent programmes, one on a channel that can be
recorded from DVB-S and the other on a channel that can only be recorded
from Sky, the system is quite happy to record both at the same time.
However, if a channel is available on both sources, the system only ever
uses DVB-S, even if this creates a conflict that could be resolved by
using the Sky source for one of the recordings.

For example, the channels "BBC 1 Wales" and "Five" are both available on
both sources.  If Myth wants to record both channels at the same time, it
should be able to do one of the recordings on DVB-S and the other on Sky,
but instead it schedules both onto the DVB-S source and creates a
conflict, with one of the programmes not being recorded.

Before I rebuilt my Myth system, this was working ok, so I'm not sure what
I've changed.  The channels which are available on both sources are set up
on each source with matching channum, callsign, name, recpriority and
visible attributes.

Can anyone give me some pointers?  Thanks.

--

  - Steve