[mythtv-users] Jamu problem, seems to still be looking at imdb?

Guillaume Membré guillaume.ml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 08:42:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:19 AM, freedenizen <freedenizen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:
>>   Does this error happen every time jamu processes this specific file or is
>> the issue inconsistent? Are you using a proxy to control access to the
>> Internet from your home network?
>
> Happens every time with that file and a few others, most are just
> fine, of course I can't recall which ones are fine now, just the ones
> that mess up.
>
> Not running any proxy server, and I can access the url from other
> machines on the home network, I can even open it just fine in firefox
> on the be as well, it's rather odd.

Hi,

I would like to add a "me too" problem. Since a week, without *any*
modification to my mythtv installation, I got the same error :
2010-03-03 01:21:35,953 CRITICAL [imdbpy]
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/imdb/_exceptions.py:35:
IMDbDataAccessError exception raised; args: ({'url':
'http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt;mx=20;q=des+racines+et+des+ailes',
'error type': 'http_error_default', 'errcode': 403, 'headers':
<httplib.HTTPMessage instance at 0xb7a683cc>, 'proxy': '', 'errmsg':
'Forbidden'},); kwds: {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py", line 5338, in
_downloadScheduledRecordedGraphics
    dir_list = os.listdir(unicode(dirct, 'utf8'))

The url plays fine in firefox. Maybe imdb has put a filter based on
the user agent...

@Doug : which version of python-imdbpy do you have ?
Mine is 4.4-1+b1 from Debian.

Guillaume