[mythtv-users] Starting recordings early and finishing late not working

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 07:22:53 UTC 2010

In article <4B8D5BED.5010408 at thirdcontact.com>, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > Setup->TV->General, and I changed "Time to record before start of show"
> > and "Time to record past end of show."
>
> That is only used to allow capture cards/hard drives/STB's to "spin up"
> before the show starts.  It's not scheduled, and is /never/ used between
> back-to-back shows recorded by the same capture card.

Ah, makes sense. What settings are required for a DVB-T card? I guess just
a few seconds, if anything.

> That only affects any recording rules you create *after* you change the
> setting.  All it does is pre-fill the start early and end late fields
> for you.

OK, this one was set to -5 minutes, which I guess I did when setting up the
backend, and I obviously set it up wrong.

> In each and every recording rule, change start early and end late to the
> desired over-record values, but note that doing so makes it "mandatory"
> for the recording rule, so if you don't have sufficient capture cards,
> you will get conflicts.

I've got four DVB-T tuners (soon five) and four virtual tuners on each
(soon five) - I don't expect to run out!

Many thanks

Ian