[mythtv-users] 1TB+ drive recommendation?

freedenizen freedenizen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 19:49:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Bobby Gill <brownitus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I do not plan to go RAID any time soon, but it is possible in the
> distant future. So the WD Green 1.5 is just not working in a RAID setup?

They work, but I have had issues, I have 6 of them in RAID5 currently,
a couple have been replaced under warranty for bad sectors, and most
recently I was seeing IO problems, 100% waits for 10-15 seconds every
10 minutes or so, I replaced one of the drives and now the system is
fine again.  So by and large I'm happy, just some things to look out
for.  If you search around, some people have had worse problems then
me.