[mythtv-users] Should I run mythfiledatabase

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 2 18:35:25 UTC 2010

On 03/02/2010 09:49 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>> In other words, if all of your MythTV Video Sources are set with the
>> grabber specified as "No Grabber" or "Transmitted guide only (EIT)",
>> then there's no reason to run mythfilldatabase.  Simply turn off,
>> "Automatically run mythfilldatabase," in mythtv-setup.
>>
> I thought there was some legacy stuff that mythfilldatabase did in
> addition to the usual EPG updating. Or has that now been removed?

That used to be the case.  However, before 0.21, I submitted a patch
that moved all the maintenance to mythbackend because some people
weren't running mythfilldatabase, and it's been there since December 2006.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2544

That's the reasoning behind my, "(with MythTV 0.21-fixes or higher)."

Mike